The EYFS Curriculum for Reception Year children is based on three prime areas of learning:
• Personal, Social and Emotional Development,
• Physical Development,
• Communication and Language.
With four specific areas of learning:
• Literacy – reading and writing,
• Mathematics – numbers and space, shape and measure,
• Understanding of the World – people and communities, the world and technology
• Expressive Arts – exploring and using media and materials, being imaginative.
Children enjoy a wide range of learning experiences through carefully planned and structured activities which cover all the areas of the EYFS curriculum.
Learning is constantly observed and details are recorded. We complete individual and class analysis to tell us how we can further help all the children progress. You child’s records are shared with you. Initial assessments are discussed with you at the Autumn parent consultations so that we can work together to help your child progress.
Click here for more information.